GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a Sierra 1500 Denali(2016). I'm listing the features so that you can get a clear idea about it:
Engine type: push-rod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
Displacement: 376 cu in, 6162 cc
Power: 420 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 460 lb-ft @ 4100 rpm

I have been searching for a battery replacement service in Toronto. Does anyone have any idea about this? If you have used any of the services, kindly share the details. It will help me to pick up the good one.
When I searched google, I found one service, but I'm not sure of it's reliability. Here it is: http://www.thefixauto.com/other-services/battery-replacement/. Have you used the service. Comment, if it's a good one or else kindly suggest other services in Toronto.
Hope that the things works out well. Waiting for your guidance.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi. Welcome to The Club. Do you have AAA in Canada? I was stranded out of state a couple of years ago and called AAA. They showed up in about a half hour and installed a new battery for me. Great service and a good battery. I don't know who makes the batteries for them.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
We do have CAA (Canadian version), of course, there is an yearly fee for the service.
I'm the kind of person who has a hard time seeing the valve in the service., at least for myself.
Maybe if I was a single person with no vehicle skills and didn't like taking my gloves off in the cold weather; but honestly, a new battery every five years and your covered. The cost of the service over a five year period is probably more than the battery I would buy.
I just replaced mine, 7 years old, a new Walmart H6 with a 5 year warranty cost me $128 plus tax. I changed it myself and saved that cost.

Reactions: thegawd

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was lucky that I was with a friend who had AAA. We were 150 miles from home and it was late at night. I do normally do my own maintenance. It was about $135 installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts