GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is getting nicer, kids are getting out of school. How many of you are making plans for the summer that somehow involve your Suburban?

Right now, my summer looks like it's going to be spent around the new house getting it fixed up, doing landscaping, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I'm taking my family out camping this weekend to Lake Cooper. We'll be using the Suburban to pull the pop-up. In July, I'm using it to help caravan my son and some other boy scouts to summer camp. That's all that's planned so far, but more will probably come up.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My father in law is out in Sumter, SC for a few weeks visiting his family. We made the drive up to Myrtle Beach a few years back when we were visiting out there. It's the only time I have seen the Atlantic. Beautiful area.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
GaryL said:
My father in law is out in Sumter, SC for a few weeks visiting his family. We made the drive up to Myrtle Beach a few years back when we were visiting out there. It's the only time I have seen the Atlantic. Beautiful area.
Come on down to Fernandina beach more laid back and just a beautiful LOL!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got laid off from a job 3 years ago, so we packed up and took off for a 10 day vacation. We saw a bit of SC, but mostly hit Georgia and Florida. Savannah is a beautiful city. Stayed with my brother in Jacksonville, FL and then hit Disneyworld. Nice trip.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Steve said:
I got laid off from a job 3 years ago, so we packed up and took off for a 10 day vacation. We saw a bit of SC, but mostly hit Georgia and Florida. Savannah is a beautiful city. Stayed with my brother in Jacksonville, FL and then hit Disneyworld. Nice trip.
Savannah is a neat place and around St Patricks day WOW!

I used to live in Jax it has changed alot and not for the good.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They live in Orange Park, seems like a nice place. He works for the high altitude air traffic control which is up near the Florida / Georgia border. He drives crazy like 50 miles each way. I work 12 miles from my office and I still complain.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nemopoppins said:
I'm going to Disneyland!
I grew up on the West coast, and I remember fondly my trips to Disneyland. It's crazy there now, crowded, etc. Have to plan to spend at least 4 days there to get it all in. I'll take my boy there someday though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I grew up on the West coast, and I remember fondly my trips to Disneyland.
;
I'll take my boy there someday though.
Steve, I've taken my kids to Disneyland as young as 10 months old and they LOVED it. It would be a nice road trip for you. It's about a 6 hour love-every-minute-in-the-Suburban road trip for me. I'd like to be able to afford the road trip to Disney World someday.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm closer to Orlando (1100 miles) than I am to Anaheim (1400 miles). I guess Abilene, TX is probably about 1/2 way to each.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can get to Disneyland, 444 miles away, on one full tank of gas (well over $100 these days). It would be hard for me to move further away. What sent you to Texas, work? If we ever do make the Disney World road trip, do you advise we go through Texas? What should a traveler see there?

·
1,532 Posts
Looks like a camping trip with the in-laws on the Oregon coast, and then a trip to see my brother in Yellow (english for Amarillo) Texas.

Side note: My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Vancouver Island years ago. Real nice place.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got tired of the rain in the northwest, so I moved down here and met a nice east Texas girl. Been here ever since. :)

I would love to get back up into BC, especially in the fall sometimes. Like I said before my Grandmother was born in Victoria and we have a lot of 2nd cousins up there.

In Texas? Lots of stuff to see and do here. It's a big, big, big place. It ranges from the gulf coast palm trees to the hill country of Austin. East texas has a lot of pine forests while west Texas is flat and barren, but makes you think you're in a John Wayne movie. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
We recently (last week of June) vacated FLA to Glenville NC. Beautiful area south of Cherokee. Stayed for a week in a rented cottage. Me, wife,two kids + 1 friend and the dog all rode up from Orlando in the Busurban. Wifes parents came along and shared rent and good times. Definately recommend mountain vacation to anyone who lives in flatlands like me. I may be a little biased since I'm originally from Tenn/Virginia. Did some local touristy stuff, Hiked waterfalls, horseback riding, boat rental, gem mining (mostly kids) but mostly just enjoyed the more peaceful environment that hills had to offer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts