GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new tires for my 2010 chevy silverado LT Z71. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba where we have a lot of snow in winter and hot humid temps in summer. Looking for something with off road capability and all weather. Was looking at the Yokohama Geolander. Anyone have them?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Some here have had experience with Pirelli Scorpion ATR’s. Can’t say about the Yokohmas

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Canadian Tire sells Cooper tires at good prices; and Cooper makes the rebranded Motor Master tires the CTC sells under their own brand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Yes, I had Cooper Tires on other truck, they rode well but didn't last long. Good price though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
We purchased a set of nexen roadian a/t ties for our tahoe last year and have been very pleased. I prefer them over Cooper.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Cooper Discoverer AT3. Second truck I've had them on. They work great and last long. Extremely happy with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking for new tires for my 2010 chevy silverado LT Z71. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba where we have a lot of snow in winter and hot humid temps in summer. Looking for something with off road capability and all weather. Was looking at the Yokohama Geolander. Anyone have them?
Thanks

Just look for All Season tires with 3 mountain snowflake symbol Here are some:
BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready
Michelin Crossclimate+

Also, a new category called All-Weather tires, can be used all year around but are more geared to snow and cold weather, whereas some All-Season tires are more geared toward rain and wet roads. In this category look at:
Vredestein Quatrac 5
Toyo Celsius CUV
Nokian WR G4

And you can always look at TireRack on the web and they have good reviews and ratings.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Some here have had experience with Pirelli Scorpion ATR’s. Can’t say about the Yokohmas
I am one of the pirelli scorpion runners/fans. Not a lot of snow out here, so no experience there, other than with chains and worked great. Mixed reviews in the snow belt so read the reviews for yourself.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nexen HP-I have found them great in snow here in Utah.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts