GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I just bought this 1994 model.Can someone tell me is it supposed to have a fuse box under the hood?

·
Registered
67 Posts
What LOLL?

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,361 Posts
No. There is a distribution bus under the cover by the A/C evap tank, but nothing else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is smelling of another "One Post Guy."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would it matter if its a "one post guy" if people can help isn't that all that matters? Or is this an inside joke I haven't been around enuf to understand?

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
833 Posts
Why would it matter if its a "one post guy" if people can help isn't that all that matters? Or is this an inside joke I haven't been around enuf to understand?
It's kind of an inside joke for the regulars. They put a lot of answers out there on posts from accounts that join, post 5 minutes later, then never come back. 🤷

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got it, guess that makes sense. I'm new and have been looking for a good forum to ask questions and chat so I kinda throw myself into the category of one post n ghost until I've been around a bit. So I guess it just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I can understand how it would get frustrating to have people ask and bail. But I'm sure they still appreciate the help.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,361 Posts
This is one of the better ones out there. We have a lot of helpful, seasoned folks as well as a great group of newer members. Always willing to help.

Reactions: OpalLacod

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
This is a grate forum with some grate people. The one and done thing is iritating to a member who has been on here for a long time, and puts time into keeping things going on here, so when we reply to a question, we like to know the outcome. On a question like this one how ever, it is not that important. I have been on here since may of 2014, and have made friends here. As for the O Ps question, IMO, the 1988 to 1998 GM trucks are the best GM ever built. They are the trucks that were built to compete with Toyota, when Toyota was getting 500,000 + miles. A lot of research went into those trucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What LOLL?

Only reason I asked is I was getting conflicting advice about it.One friend tells me it’s there he used to own the same.....blah blah blah /then another friend tells me he’s nuts!Plus I’m looking but not seeing one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I do appreciate helpful advice .But I’m like you,in the sense ofishouldnt be obligated to respond to someone who starts off there answer to my question with LOLL!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Were you able to find it?

There are a lot of one post accounts that go nowhere and I can't figure out why. I'm just curious I guess. The annoying ones are those that post on a 10-12 year old thread as though it was new. Then all of the regulars start responding and this 12 year old thread goes on for no reason whatsoever.

Then there are the absurd posts like this:

One post with the most absurd story ever. There was one almost identical to this one on another forum I belong to where the story was that the transmission housing blew out the side. Members go on and on theorizing as to why this may have happened and the guy never responds. My theory is that it never happened. They're too absurd to happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is an amusing story. I can see how that would be a waste of time to even theorize what happened. Suggestions and advise are important but only if the poster actually reads and uses the information given. If your going to post something and ask for advise, use it and let people know you appreciate it and what you are doing with the info. (Thats my opinion anyhow.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts