GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My 99 Suburban has them. So far I have had no troubles with them and the ride is good. They were on the truck when I got it, so I don't know how old they are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard they were good, and handled really well compairs to stock. I'm gonna pick up a set when I get them installed I'll write my synopsis about how they ride.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I did some research on aftermarket shocks, or more rather reading other forums that people have said that Bilstien shocks are a much needed improvement for your truck. I have ordered a set of 4 and will be installing them soon. The biggest reason for my purchase was reading about other silverado owners that have put a leveling kit in the front of thier truck to give the same ride height front and rear. Upon installing the leveling kit, the stock front shocks will "top out" making for a rougher ride so the Bilstien's I ordered are for a slight lift of 1 1/2-2" in the front, and 1" in the rear.

This is another article found.
http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/bilstein.htm

I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I emailed Chevy to express my, and others, dislike of the soft suspension on the crew cabs. I'm sure they will ask me to have a dealership check it out for problems. When they find nothing wrong, I will get some bilstiens installed. After reading the previous post I'm convinced.

OK, What about going with a longer shock than what is normal...to give the front end a little lift or leveling? Good or bad idea? I have no lift or drop, all stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a set of bilistien shocks and i love them , had them on my last car also i think they are good i'd put them on this tahoe of mine if they didn't already have them

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put a set of the Bilstein leveling shocks on an "07 Tahoe here at the office, and they are great. They are used on the back roads constantly and handle great. They also did a nice job of bringing the front end up level with the back. I like'em. :happy:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I know Bilstien are some of the best there is, and have never had a complaint, they used toi be part of the Z71 Package on the 94-99 style trucks and were options for Hoes and burbans, dont know what GM uses anymore but if you can afford them then i would buy them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Took a set of mine that were great on and off road beat them for two years they never leaked or faded in the rough stuff. OOh what the hell there still sitting next to the garage for you my friend you can have them......BTW i replaced them with the fab tech shocks in my lift .. 2 years later one rear starting to leak ha fab tech aint got no room to brag

1 - 15 of 15 Posts