GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Does anyone hear a pinging noise of their 2017 Colorado? Notice it as it reached 1200-2000 rpm? Took to dealer on 3 occasions, have no answers, wait there over 2 hours easily and dismiss the issue and don’t have concrete answers and never fixed it. It also rattles. Now check engine light is on. Bought it brand new and cash. So frustrated. I need my vehicle for work. I made this purchase to help my business. This is a huge hassle. Need your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Need truck details.

Ted

Reactions: Zach Smith
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a note in the service record that says: Rattle Noise From Valvetrain Under Acceleration GM TAC Case # Open.

The service mechanics at the dealer, non of them can figure it out.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
The Diagnostic Trouble Codes are read with a scan gauge from the OBD2 port in the truck. One of the auto parts stores can read them for you. Take a pen and paper so you can write them down. Post the codes here.

Ted

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
The p0171 is bank 1 running lean. P0174 is bank 2 running lean. So both banks of the engine are running lean. This is usually caused by a leak in the air intake. It can also be caused by low fuel pressure. This causes the pinging.

The p0326 is the knock sensor 1 out of range. This may be shorted wiring to the knock sensor or a bad knock sensor. The knock sensors detect pinging. With the short or bad sensor the PCM can't detect when the engine is pinging.

The dealer should have fixed this. There is no reason they missed it. It sounds like they didn't even check the codes. How did you get the codes? With a scan tool or have it read at one of the auto parts stores?

Ted

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The codes came from the dealers report. They even note that this is an open case and inform GM. They could not fix it for I have been going for the same complaint. I am perplexed for they say bologna’s like the dip stick is not pushed in that is the reason if I have someone else do the change oil instead of them the dealer. I told them I have complimentary oil change here for I purchased it last April. I have no one touch it for I know they take care of it until warranty wears out. They are waiting as to what GM says. So frustrated. Driving with worries in my mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts