GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you havent noticed there is a pointless empty space right above the cargo lamp switch. It is literally an empty hole. Now im pretty sure that is where the 4 wheel drive switches go on a 4wd, but with a 2wd chevy couldnt think to put anything there other than an empty space.
Like so...
Vehicle Car Mid-size car
Heres my question...
I think it would be awesome to mount some aux switches in there, I would like to know if anyone has done this if so please post pictures, if not i guess ill have to do it some time in the future myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
i would have to agree with you putting something there would make it look better...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have not done it myself but it would make a very good spot for a switch panel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have done a similar mod with my 04 with the over ehad bin, i used a piece of pexi-glass for mine. That would be an awesome looking spot for some switches there though. if i didnt have an 4wd id do it to mine for sure.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah seems like the perfect spot.
and i think i saw your switch kit too i just dont have an overhead console so thats a bit outta my reach :/

·
Registered
58 Posts
man that sucks, im just saying though you could always do something along those lines, with the open bin. Or possibly i could even do it for you, as long as you supply the materials. If you want to work somthing out shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My friend has done that. He put a 4 panel switch there, i wish i could get a picture for you, but he took his dash off and there is bolts to take that out and he took it out, cut the back out, and ran the wires to some offroad lights he had on there. then put it all back. it looked ok, it was pretty smooth in there. You just have to look around for something that will fit.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright well i found some nice little switches im thinkin about getting, just need to measure it up. That woulda been cool to see a pic, ill go ahead and try it myself. Im hopin to fit about 4 switches in there. black rocker switches with the blue led that lights up when its on. Once i get them ill post some pics, I wont have them hooked up to anything yet but theyll be there for when i need them and be a nice filler.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Let us know how it turns out! I might have to try a few switches in there myself.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just lettin yall know I ordered the switches yesterday. Im gonna put a few in there. Ill let yall know when I get them in there :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
my 2000 silverado 4 wd has the same space i have the basic 4wd with manual lever on floor.i think this is a stonger set up myself already did the panal switch on a few spaces on my 89 mazda b 2200 used red lighted switches because dash was red lights .the blue sounds good though i alredy had the dremel tool ready to go for two switches stacked one over the other. im like you guys just cant stand wasted space

1 - 11 of 11 Posts