GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my truck for April 2008 ROTM. I have a 2006 Silverado Ext. cab with the 4.3L V6 with a K&N drop-in filter, a Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler and a 3" chrome exhaust tip. Four JL Audio speakers (two in front, two in rear). Two 10" sub woofers powered by an MTX ThunderX 300XD amp controlled by my Sony CDX-GT510 deck. The mirrors were painted white, and all exterior handles were replaced with chrome, including the chrome horizontal billet grill and fuel door. It has a 15" shorty antenna that's chrome too. The 22" rims are BOSS "331" wrapped in Toyo Proxes 305/40/22. The windows were also tinted to 30%. Thanks for looking! :glasses:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This truck will never go off roading, I want it to be strictly a street truck and I think I have accomplished that. The white really stands out because it hides the dirt. The way I keep my truck perfectly clean is to hand wax (turtle wax + terry cloth) it. I do it twice a year, each time taking me about 3 hours. After that, every two weeks I spray the truck down with the garden hose, and watch the water bead up and I dry it. Everything comes off quick because it was hand waxed nicely. Another reason too is I stay out of dirt/mud :great:

I am debating whether or not to get carbon fiber taillights like DirtDog did, to go with my White/Black/Chrome theme?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Lookin good :great:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would leave the tails, and spend the money on the plastic between the headlights (the thing with that is, unless you can find a truck scraped already, and take them off, the dealer sells them paint to match), then i would get the door handles white as well, (not the actual lever but the insert) and then maybe the Fog lights, at least thats what id do, but none theless the truck is looking sharp, nice job

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to take out my HID headlight kit due to compatibility issues. Maybe if I can return my parents Christmas gift, I can get a K&N CAI instead because they don't work.

Thank you all for your compliments. Aside from a white fiberglass bed cover, I think I am done with exterior upgrades on this truck. I'll work on the interior a little. One thing I NEED that I don't have is a center console to store stuff. Right now I am limited to two cup holders :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts