GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple new keys off of eBay for my truck and it says the are non-transponder will those work if i get them cut and is the dealer the only one that can cut them for me. Or can i go to true-value. i tried home depot and lowes and said they said we can not cut those because are machine wont recognize them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am going to contact the technical team here to try to get you an answer regarding this key. It may also be helpful to provide me with your VIN in a private message. I hope to get back to you soon. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

After speaking with my technical source it appears that non-transponder keys will not start the vehicle. If the blanks are cut correctly they will unlock the doors.

Per GM the local dealership can release your key code to you provided you supplies proper documentation of ownership of said vehicle. However I can not speak for Home Depot, Lowes Tru Value or the dealership cutting blanks that he brings in. If a mistake is made they would have to purchase new keys. They will cut a key if you buy a blank from them though.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me via email. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts