GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a forum search and not much was found on this topic.

I have a 2012 Silverado (stock height) 75,000 miles with almost no potholes on Florida roads. Thinking about changing out the OEM shocks, thought they are still good, for a better ride. There are a lot of reviews and just about everyone agrees that Bilsteins made an improvement but I find them to be quite expensive. Are they really worth it?

·
Registered
13,437 Posts
All I can tell you, is that my '05 Envoy had them from the factory and that truck was the smoothest ride I've ever driven, cars included.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I’m gonna bump this thread because I just had 5100s put on. Bout 2 years ago I put Tuff Country SX8000s on which are supposedly their best, but still just a cheap shock for lifted trucks. 2 years later they were shot. I had heard good things on the Bilsteins, but folks I can’t say enough good. I wish I had just paid the extra for the Bilsteins all along. There’s just no comparison. They soak up the big bumps and recover so much faster, hitting cattle guards, railroad crossings, culverts, gravel washboard, the whole truck just feels more stable. Big potholes and washouts used to send the steering everywhere, and I’d just hold tight, wait for it to settle and correct as necessary. Not anymore. Highly recommend. Pics. : 97B7142E-54D5-4995-9FF3-030D915939E8.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have a 2012 Silverado (stock height) 75,000 miles with almost no potholes on Florida roads. Thinking about changing out the OEM shocks, thought they are still good, for a better ride. There are a lot of reviews and just about everyone agrees that Bilsteins made an improvement but I find them to be quite expensive. Are they really worth it?

92 c1500Silverado bought from summit put them on and well pleased. However my chopped exhaust did melt the accordion blue plastic. I did not think the exhaust would bee that hot being about 12 inches away. That is my fault and not the products quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m gonna bump this thread because I just had 5100s put on. Bout 2 years ago I put Tuff Country SX8000s on which are supposedly their best, but still just a cheap shock for lifted trucks. 2 years later they were shot. I had heard good things on the Bilsteins, but folks I can’t say enough good. I wish I had just paid the extra for the Bilsteins all along. There’s just no comparison. They soak up the big bumps and recover so much faster, hitting cattle guards, railroad crossings, culverts, gravel washboard, the whole truck just feels more stable. Big potholes and washouts used to send the steering everywhere, and I’d just hold tight, wait for it to settle and correct as necessary. Not anymore. Highly recommend. Pics. : View attachment 166497
Those shocks look sweet! I'd say to the original guy above, GET 'EM!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts