GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if solid not flashing blue neon lights under a truck are illegal in Houston Texas? please i need help before i install them

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I think the law covers the color, not the light. You're ok with blue, green, etc. Red is generally not acceptable. This is going off memory.

I don't think Texas code covers any of that. That's all online. It would have to be in the county/city or other municipality. Try Houston Traffic Laws on google or something like that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
in illinois they are illegal while driveingany color but can be on at showes

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Here is a good rule our Police go by. Don't mount the bulbs in such a way as to see the actual bulb itself. I did a set a while ago for my son and I mounted them inside the frame rails. As for colour I'm thinking the same thing as Steve. Good luck. BTW blue would look "tight" on that black truck :great:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Most states I have seen do not allow them while driving or visible when driving unless they match the clearance colors on the vehicle.

But, I could be wrong. Red and blue are associated with emergency along with white in states.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
In Kaahleefornyah (Arnold says it that way) the law states that as long as the source can not be seen the auxiliary lighting is OK. Don't know about Houston, but isn't it just a fix-it ticket or would that be a moving violation?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Kaahleefornyah (Arnold says it that way) the law states that as long as the source can not be seen the auxiliary lighting is OK. Don't know about Houston, but isn't it just a fix-it ticket or would that be a moving violation?
do you know were i could find out if their illegal

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was told blue and red are illegal. You mught be able to get away with it if you use it for shows. the blue and red rep. fire and police colors so thats why suppose is why they are illegal. but check your local laws just incase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That depends on the state laws and if the officer wants to be a you know what. Here blue, red and white r not allowed while driving. But my buddy has a cavy with purple and he got pulled over for it and got a warning and his friend in his car club has green ones and has never been pulled over yet. So just goes to show that some officers has nothing better to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While everyone here could tell you their experience the best way is to go on line & search it yourself or go to your local police dept. and ask.

Here in MI the law is specific about white, blue and red lights.

Red is typically used for emergency vehicles (tow trucks, yolunteer firemen) and you have to have the permission of the entity controlling the roads your using them on to run with them lit.

Purple is for funeral processions.

White & red, or white & blue are specific to "first responders" (police, ambulance fire dept.).

·
Registered
12 Posts
:neutral: Hey theve changed it since ive been on their for my own kit They took the list off. Idont know why sorry they got some cool kits for trucks though.:neutral:

·
Registered
140 Posts
In PA, neons are illegal while driving down the road. If you are parked, it is fine. Any color is ok. Motorcycle neons were passed 2 years ago to drive with them on, to help people see them better.

On another site, a guy from TX said a cop chased him on foot and said that ALL under carriage lighting is ILLEGAL.

I don't know if it's illegal when you are parked

1 - 20 of 22 Posts