Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 LTZ

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I answered my own question. Those appear to be the power running boards based on a pick of the dash. The button on the far right disables them.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
The boards don't look like mine ('09); but one year does make a difference.
Do they fold up against the rockers?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what the owner's manual says:

The power running boards automatically extend from beneath the vehicle on the side in which the door has been opened. Once the door is closed, the running boards will automatically move back under the vehicle after a brief delay. The vehicle must not be moving for the running boards to extend or retract.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
This is what the owner's manual says:

The power running boards automatically extend from beneath the vehicle on the side in which the door has been opened. Once the door is closed, the running boards will automatically move back under the vehicle after a brief delay. The vehicle must not be moving for the running boards to extend or retract.
His picture shows them in the down/out position, the ready to be stepped on position, the doors are closed, they should be retracted.
In his picture they look like regular running boards, I was asking if they retracted (I was asking if they folded because the '09s fold against the rockers).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't tell you Ray. It's entirely possible they just don't work after 12 years? I've been looking at a lot of these online and haven't seen any that look like that, but I also haven't seen another with the switch on the dash so idk what they're supposed to look like.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Very likely that they don't work, very little in lub points.
But yes, that's what the switch is for, they can be turned off in the retracted position, or the extended position.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So to put a pin in this for anyone reading down the road, those are definitely aftermarket boards installed to replace the failed factory retractables. Factory would look like this:

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Closure and definitive answers at the end of a thread are my favorite.

·
Registered
12 Suburban LT 4wd
284 Posts
The switch next to the rear defrost? I gotta check my 12’ LT & C if the boards retract! Told u I’m old! 56 & old timers/altzheimers already

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The switch next to the rear defrost? I gotta check my 12’ LT & C if the boards retract! Told u I’m old! 56 & old timers/altzheimers already
In the pic above, it's the bottom right switch next to the heated washer fluid.

Did you steal my old "original" Blackburb?

Reactions: thegawd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts