GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of the regulars here know, I hurt my left elbow and had a bad infection that had to be treated in the hospital. Just wanted to thank everyone who gave me the good well-wishes.

But I tell you, with a new house and a little one running around, it sure would be nice to get some of this new-house work done. My left arm is no longer in a sling, I just have a splint on it, and that's just for a few more days, then maybe 2 weeks with a sterile dressing and an ace bandage on the arm.

Anyone else have an injury like this in the past? I guess it will feel good to get it over with so I can get on with my life, etc.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow. Was this really 8 years ago? I got a slight infection in my other elbow. Should cure up with some antibibotics.

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Love them antibiotics now days, I got bit on the rib cage by a Brown Recluse in July and they gave me some antibiotics that cleared it up in about 5 days.
10 years ago when I was bitten by a Brown Recluse it took over a month to clear up.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 years ago when my arm swelled up the infection doctor said he would not be able to ever really know for certain what caused the infection, but that it was in the same category of tissue damage as a brown recluse spider bite.

Here's what it looks like 8.5 years later. Hard to see but it got into the bursa sacks in the elbow joint so they had to cut all that out.

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wow must be the time for infections, I was just visiting my mother in a hospital and a few days later I'm looking for antibiotics myself... Still on the mend, on them since Monday

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow must be the time for infections, I was just visiting my mother in a hospital and a few days later I'm looking for antibiotics myself... Still on the mend, on them since Monday
Ugh sorry bout that. The kids pediatrician said that about a week after school starts is the beginning of their busy time. That was this week for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts