GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Silverado and I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-D3X head unit today and I want to get started on installing it, along with an amp, as soon as possible, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about taking apart the console and the door panels. Anyone know how?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try these:
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/CV-71-99.pdf
http://www.redsilverado.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10040

For me, I bolted my amp directly to the floor of the truck and ran all the wiring under the running boards and up into my engine compartment where it was connected to the main battery. The wires were grounded by attaching them to a bolt under my rear bench seats.
Thanks a lot man. I did a sound system like that in my buddies Colorado so hopefully it shouldn't be to hard with mine this time around. I was able to get the console apart and I got the stock head unit out, but the doors are giving me a pretty hard time and it looks like mine are different than the one in the link above

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dont really know how to go about it but I have that same Pioneer and it kicks ass. Let me know how you like it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont really know how to go about it but I have that same Pioneer and it kicks ass. Let me know how you like it
I'm just gonna keep workin at it and hopefully it'll pop off relatively easy. Will do, I've heard a lot of good reviews on it. I can't wait till I get it installed. Do you have any other audio mods in your truck?

·
Registered
225 Posts
yeah I have I believe a 1,800 watt amp to push mu 12" subs that are under the back seat and the rest of my spkrs are stock. It sounds pretty good. I also added the rear view camera that helps soooooo much It was $80 well spent

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I have I believe a 1,800 watt amp to push mu 12" subs that are under the back seat and the rest of my spkrs are stock. It sounds pretty good. I also added the rear view camera that helps soooooo much It was $80 well spent
that's pretty sick man. you ever gonna change the speakers? was that the camera that comes as an option with that head unit?

·
Registered
225 Posts
that's pretty sick man. you ever gonna change the speakers? was that the camera that comes as an option with that head unit?
I will probably will but not in the near future they actually sound pretty good believe or not. Ive always wanted to put some JBL's but maybe later on. The camera actually I bought it separately but I think any camera works they sale some at best buy for about 80 bucks and you can use it in the day time obviously and night time, its very clear

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will probably will but not in the near future they actually sound pretty good believe or not. Ive always wanted to put some JBL's but maybe later on. The camera actually I bought it separately but I think any camera works they sale some at best buy for about 80 bucks and you can use it in the day time obviously and night time, its very clear
I have no problem at all believing it. My truck only has one 12" sub and I think it sounds great for it being just that and everything else stock. But I see it as there's always room for improvement, so I plan on getting some CDT speakers once I have the funds for it. Sound's like a good deal. I'll be sure to look into that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have no problem at all believing it. My truck only has one 12" sub and I think it sounds great for it being just that and everything else stock. But I see it as there's always room for improvement, so I plan on getting some CDT speakers once I have the funds for it. Sound's like a good deal. I'll be sure to look into that.
Cool when your done send some pics to see what it looks like. If you have any questions let me know

·
Registered
85 Posts

What kind of subs do you have that you fit 12' subs back there? My 10' subs are so deep that I had to modify my back seats up almost 2 inches.

Also 1800 watts is friggen A LOT.. A LOT... are you sure? What kind of amp do you have? The only reason I ask is because I spent a grip on high powered competition amps and I'm pushingn 1100watts continuous and that is ear drum rupturing loud.

My system can be found on http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11147

Anyway... put up pics of the stereo's!! and Keep on Keepin on.. ya'll stuff sounds like it's good.

:lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
That looks really good! YOu will be happy with the In-DASH rather than the screen that comes out and flips up. This is how I have my done as well, although I went with the Kenwood version. Good Job.. rock on!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks really good! YOu will be happy with the In-DASH rather than the screen that comes out and flips up. This is how I have my done as well, although I went with the Kenwood version. Good Job.. rock on!
Thanks man! Yah I heard that the motors on the flip out ones tend to break quite frequently. I saw some pictures of your system. Your system is soooooo sick! I can only dream of the day when mine looks like yours ha

·
Registered
85 Posts
I saw some pictures of your system. Your system is soooooo sick! I can only dream of the day when mine looks like yours ha
HA HA hA... THank you! It was a pretty penny and a pain in the arse (not gonna lie). Anyway, that is what happens when someone is bored, has no responcibilites other than to himself, and has a fresh new credit card. HA HA!

Hopefully one day you can be so lucky :lol:

But so far... so good. My only advise is to just save and buy the stuff you really really want. Dont settle for anything you put on or in your vehicle. You usually get what you pay for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HA HA hA... THank you! It was a pretty penny and a pain in the arse (not gonna lie). Anyway, that is what happens when someone is bored, has no responcibilites other than to himself, and has a fresh new credit card. HA HA!

Hopefully one day you can be so lucky :lol:

But so far... so good. My only advise is to just save and buy the stuff you really really want. Dont settle for anything you put on or in your vehicle. You usually get what you pay for.
Haha yah I can imagine

I'm hoping that day will come sometime in the near future ha

Haha I hear what your saying. I never intended to settle on anything, cuz I figure that I like my truck and I'm gonna have it for a while so I want to make it nice while I have it. Next item on my list are CDT Euro Sport's =].

1 - 19 of 19 Posts