GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is related to the autoride, but I have noticed that the left rear side sits lower than the right rear, by about 1/2 inch to about 2 1/2 inches. I think it may be the autoride, because the amount changes from time to time (when I just now measured it, it was 1/2 inch). I'm measuring from the top of the tire to the fender. I take it something needs adjustment, but I don't know what. Any help is appreciated. Oh, it's a 2001 Tahoe LT. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
There have been some Technical Service Bulletins on issues like this. It can be caused from everything from bad alignment to weaker springs on one side, etc. 2 1/2 inches is a pretty big difference though, by the way. The way that the dealer adjusts often includes adding spacers between the frame and the body.

Has anyone else had this issue solved any other way?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have autoride but my new '06 silverado is lower on the drivers front, I'm guessing the torsion bar needs to be cranked to level it out.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Scottvan, I have the 03 Tahoe LT Autoride and my left rear shock seems to be wet. The level as far as i can tell looks ok but the leveling motor sounds loud i don't know if this is normal but i sure like to know. Is your left shock wet or leaking at all? If it is then my guess that's your problem. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts