GM Truck Club Forum banner

Avalanche Owners - How often do you open it up?

9K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  TommyD43 
#1 ·
Hey Avalanche owners - I'm just curious how often you really use the convertible nature of the Avalanche and open up the cargo area to the cab of the truck.

I imagine there are owners that do this frequently, and those that never do it. I'm looking for an average of everyone I guess, just for the sake of curiosity.

#2 ·
Well I drive with the rear window out all the time..

#4 ·
If you have a sunroof also it's like a Convertable.... I love it....:great:

#8 ·
In Glen Rock now about 2 miles from Paramus The retail hub of the world...

#11 ·
I use mine all the time, it's open right now. But, to be far, I use it as a work truck. It (like it's owner) doesn't work hard. If I need something that is longer than the bed (and I don't want to drop the mid-gate), I'll take out the window and tie the object to the top of the bed with part of it in the window. Sometimes the gate gets dropped if I want to keep the item out of sight, or if it's raining. A few times, the panels and window have been removed and the gate dropped and we use the entire rear.

#12 ·
I have driven with the window out once since I bought it in November.
Never needed to put the mid-gate down yet, but probably will soon as one of my next household projects is replacing/adding some Sheetrock....gotta get it home somehow! lol

#13 ·
is replacing/adding some Sheetrock....gotta get it home somehow! lol
If it's a nice day, just drop the tailgate, the sheetrock will fit just fine.

BUT.................the nice thing about these trucks, if it's raining and you've gotta have the sheetrock, drop the mid-gate and the sheetrock will go inside and the tailgate can be closed. Nothing gets wet......................A great idea.

#14 ·
Ive hauled 16ft trim boards, gutters, and decking boards from on the dash all the way out the tailgate with my Escalade ext. I plow with it and even have hauled 2 cord of firewood with it.lol Hey by the way I would like to sell it anyone interested??:lol:

#15 ·
Why would you want to sell Such a good WORK truck????? I Love going to Lowes or HD and putting something LONG in the Avalanche and SHUTTING the tail gate..:gasp:

#16 ·
Why would you want to sell Such a good WORK truck????? I Love going to Lowes or HD and putting something LONG in the Avalanche and SHUTTING the tail gate..:gasp:
I know I love going to Lowes and shoving that long board in the back and get the looks of people walking buy and get the double take of "What is that" and all I can do is laugh to myself saying "YES IT IS A CADILLAC WITH A PLOW ON IT". I dont want to sell it but its killing me to maintain. Ive put so much into this thing its not even funny. And I only plow my driveway with it so its not like its abused in that way. But NY winter salt def. takes its toll on it. I will save the rant of its issues for another thread.lol

#17 ·
Got Bored of the topper and wanted to do some nice Fall driving this year with the rear window out....... SO....... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive exterior
Off she goes on to the deck

Which means I have more room to do this... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Gotta love the Av....:great:

Attachments

#20 ·
I am working with a Co now on a screen that will go where the rear window is when it is out so you can still get the air in without Bugs or anything else getting in.. More details and pics to come soon.....

#21 ·
I have driven with the window out once since I bought it in November.
Never needed to put the mid-gate down yet, but probably will soon as one of my next household projects is replacing/adding some Sheetrock....gotta get it home somehow! lol
A bit late on this response. around here lumber yards will deliver for free or a small fee. Also, you can get lengths of Sheetrock longer than 8' which can save you some time and aggravation when it comes to doing the sanding and taping. Just a thought. Good luck with your project

#22 ·
Not too often..Sometimes once a year, sometimes a bit more than that.. So glad I can do it though...Long ladders, lumber, etc etc with total security. On long trips, in cooler weather, I would let the back seat down, had an airmattress and would have my head inside the cab and feet under the bed covers.. stopping at "Rest Areas"...Once while raining cats & Dogs...Slept like a baby. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.