GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great deal on a set of wheels and would like to know if the 17" wheels from a newer Avalanche will fit on my 1997 Tahoe. I have heard the back spacing is different but haven't seen any proof. Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
tell ya what where do you live ive took off the wheels and tires off my 05 av and if you live close by we could see. i be lieve the spacing is 15 because thats what i replaced mine with. ive even got a set of 3 rims so if your interested i could give you a deal you could not refuse if they are what you are looking for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell ya what where do you live ive took off the wheels and tires off my 05 av and if you live close by we could see. i be lieve the spacing is 15 because thats what i replaced mine with. ive even got a set of 3 rims so if your interested i could give you a deal you could not refuse if they are what you are looking for.
Thanks for the offer but I'm a few thousand miles away from you and with the gas prices these days I think I'll stay local.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Should work no problem. I have seen many trucks form '89 -'98 with rims off a newer truck on them. It looks and works great. Just watch your tire selection. They may rub at full turn if you pick to large of a tire.

I'm actually looking at a set of rims off a '08 3/4 ton for my '97 3/4 ton Serria. I've asked a local custom shop I trust and they told me that I'll work just fine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should work no problem. I have seen many trucks form '89 -'98 with rims off a newer truck on them. It looks and works great. Just watch your tire selection. They may rub at full turn if you pick to large of a tire.

I'm actually looking at a set of rims off a '08 3/4 ton for my '97 3/4 ton Serria. I've asked a local custom shop I trust and they told me that I'll work just fine
Thanks! That's just what I wanted to hear. :great:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts