GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
What make/model did you get? I've been looking into one of those aftermarket ones myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your wiring may be similar to mine (2008 Silverado.) You will see modular plugs just above and to the left of the spare tire. Trace the wires running to a rear tail light. I chose the driver's side.
The correct wire to splice into was the green wire. The yellow wire goes to the turn signals, and the brown one is for the brakes. I grounded the black wire to the frame rather than splicing another wire.
I just put it in today, and still haven't found the correct hot wire from the fuse box. I plan to use the accessory lighter adapter until I figure it out. Maybe someone else can chime in with that info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
back up cam

pretty funny storry, my moms got an o6 h2 with the costco back up cam, pretty good unit, i had the local stereo store install for her. ask around at the local stereo stores, try to talk to a tech in private and throw him a hundred bucks to install at your house, worked for me!

p.s. my mom still backs over cars all the time, gotta love mom!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your wiring may be similar to mine (2008 Silverado.) You will see modular plugs just above and to the left of the spare tire. Trace the wires running to a rear tail light. I chose the driver's side.
The correct wire to splice into was the green wire. The yellow wire goes to the turn signals, and the brown one is for the brakes. I grounded the black wire to the frame rather than splicing another wire.
I just put it in today, and still haven't found the correct hot wire from the fuse box. I plan to use the accessory lighter adapter until I figure it out. Maybe someone else can chime in with that info.
on my 07 silverado there is a stud on the front of the fuze box under the hood. i just bought a fuze for the stud and hooked up the wire to the stud and u have a fuzed wire. ill try to get a pic tomorrow if my explanation doesnt make sence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The documenation doesn't seem to indicate a model number but it is made by WinPlus. They show a website at "winplususa.com". Where in Texas do you live? I was born and raised in Texas and have a daughter and three grans in McKinney, Texas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on my 07 silverado there is a stud on the front of the fuze box under the hood. i just bought a fuze for the stud and hooked up the wire to the stud and u have a fuzed wire. ill try to get a pic tomorrow if my explanation doesnt make sence.
I have a Tahoe so the spare tire is under the chasis. The license plate is on the back door which lifts up. I don't think they are the same. But thanks for the post!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know what you meant, red. I could have used that source for the power to the camera. I'm looking for a hot source inside the cabin. I don't want to have to run another wire thru the firewall yet.

My truck is red, also. I had no idea that red was harder to keep clean than black...but now I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts