GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 81 k-20 a few days ago i was on my way to work and my truck got a really bad vibration- like i'm going over speed bumps on one side of the truck, it happened when i hit about 30-35 mph, i got the truck home and found my rear shocks are shot, and one is barely even on, i haven't driven it since, and i know i need shocks, i don't need anyone to tell me that, but could that cause the vibration

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanx 4 all the help, i figured out the problem

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm glad to hear you worked out the problem.

I'm sorry to see that no one had an answer for you. I can appreciate your frustration. I also think it's great that you feel, or felt confident enough to seek out help on this board.

The problem is that if it's a busy posting day, your thread may have fallen off the front page, and been buried under newer posts.

My suggestion is when you stop back to see if anyone answered, bump your own thread. No one is going to fault you for that...and if I they do, they can take it up with me. :great:

But don't get bitter about it.

So what was the problem?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the upper rear shock bolts were bent, so the shocks weren't doing their job,
i'd hit a bump and the leaf springs would just start flexing which would cause the truck to start bouncing and woulden't stop untill i slowed down, i replaced the bolts and problem went away.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Did you have to cut the bolts out?

Be thankful that you don't own a burb. Those top shock bolts area P.I.T.A. to get at, since the fuel tank is right next to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts