GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gauge also goes down when the power windows are being operated, emergency flasher on, and when the ac is turned on. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
How much is it flickering? A small amount is ok, but if its going into the red each time, you are having a charging problem. Is it only happening at idle or does it happen while driving as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens while driving as well. Not to mention when I shift to drive. Sometimes the windows will stop working...I think somehow it is all tied together. I have had the truck (95 Suburban) for almost 3 years and it has always done it. I just replaced the alternator last week and it is still doing it. I really appreciate your time.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sounds like a short.

Has he done any rewiring lately?

Check all grounds, especially the ones on the engine to the firewall.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
If it is a short, there should be fuses blowing. Having a bad ground will definately cause this type of behavior. I had problems just like this and more with my 93 a short while back, and there were several grounds that had been taken loose to replace te engine, but had never been put back.

I looked and looked and looked for months before I finally took it to the dealer and paid them 150 bux to track down and fix the problem. Several ground wires later, all is fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.