GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 08/silverado 5.3 automatic , Noticed when i purchased the truck the dashboad battery indicator always was reading on the high side, io have 900 miles on it the dealer stated it was normal well now had truck one month. I noticed last couple days the battery reads on low side .just enough to have me worried that i might have a short or something more. Anyone haveing this problem with the battery in the chevys ?? any help
jerry

·
Registered
241 Posts
It sounds more like an alt problem to me. I would take it back to the dealer and have them check it. It is NOT normal for the amp guage to be "maxed out" either way low or high. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks go fast, i took it too dealer and he stated after mech checked it out was normal and also handed me the Service Bulliten stated that many cust complanined about same problem, The bulliten stated that as of 2005 chevy installed new type of regulator that allows the volts to flux bet 12.8 to 13.9,or in the economy mode it will call for additional voltage as needed. sounds crazy to me but its supposed to be on the silverado, caddy, taho and most LD and HD trucks.I get a steady readying of about 12.9 I beleive its alot BS but i have a copy of the Service Bulliten :(
jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts