GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying GM parts from the same Internet company since 2007. Great prices and fast service. On my last order, I noticed that they still had good prices, but had jacked up the "Processing, Handling and Shipping" fee significantly. It wasn't until I had received the invoice, that I realized that I had paid over $9 per item! Shipping was on top of that. I played with their shopping cart and it showed sometimes as much as $15 per item for handling.

I did a part number search on the Internet site of a major third party parts supplier and found genuine GM parts for less that the first company and only shipping - no processing and handling fees.

I probably wouldn't have noticed this situation if the first company had shipped in their usual quick manner. It took them 7 business days to get a part that any GM dealer worth their salt should have in stock. The three parts I ordered are typically replaced together so I would think that all three would be in stock.

Bottom line: Watch for handling charges and do a search using the GM part numbers.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Thanks for that info Tom.:great:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dpeter,

If one of the moderators would weigh in and say it is appropriate to provide specific names, I'll be glad to do so. I don't want to go against the rules of the site.

Tom

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I do not see it being an issue as long as the information is the truth, and factual. You are giving a review of an online company, and it will be good for all of the members of the site and the other million or so visitors per year to know when they are gouging on parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the clarification, murdog94.

GM Parts Direct operated by Flow GM Auto Center out of Winston-Salem, NC lures you in with low prices, maybe the best on the web, but they really are high on their "processing, handling and shipping" charges as I mentioned earlier. On my last order, it took them 7 business days to get an intake manifold gasket set before they shipped it to me. I don't know where they are getting their parts, but I would think any dealer would have an intake manifold gasket set on the shelf.

Rock Auto carries the identical parts (AC/Delco) and their final, shipped price is lower than GM Parts Direct. Also, you can usually obtain the discount code to get another 5% off of a Rock Auto order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts