GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Silverado 1500 Z71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 has once again are through a transmission. 35,000 on this transmission. Thanks Valvoline ?‍♀?‍♀. Low down is I let my kid take my truck in for an oil change, didn’t have time to do it at home myself. Well, the idiots there talked him into a transmission service. 500 miles later truck ended up blowing a radiator cap (how this is all connected I’m not sure) and ended killing the trans. She’ll shift fine when cold but once she’s up to temp she has to manually be shifted and sometimes still won’t shift. At this point I just want to go to an old reliable manual. Has anyone done this? If so what troubles did you run into? Any tips for making it smoother to switch? Extra costs that the trans shop is going to throw at me? I know I’ll have to have the floor modified for the stick and all that and remove the column shifter.

·
Registered
1994 Silverado 1500 Z71
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and it didn’t change anything. Transmission shop said that the valve body and shift solenoids were clogged and damaged.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Shift solenoids aren't too difficult to replace. Fixed a 99 Blazer shifting issue quite cheaply. My 94 K1500 Z71 has made it so far to 250+K. Worth a shot?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts