GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 stock TB. The extended warranty will be up soon, which means it's mod time.

I have seen quite a few mod's on the market, everything from exhaust upgrades to pcm tuners, etc...

In your opnion, what is the best bang for your buck ? Where do I start once I am ready ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Read the thread Which mod first, everything discussed in there works for your truck. 1-cold air intake 2-freeflow exhaust(with headers is best)3-tuner,reprogrammer4-synthetic oil and other fluids. Best bang for your buck. Read the other similar threads and you'll see all the oppinions on brands.Wheather your truck is a 6 cyl. or V-8 the same mods produce power and better MPGs. SUMMIT RACING1-800-230-3030is a great place to start checking what's on the market for you're truck. No I don't work there. I have bought MANY parts for all 4 vehicles I own.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've seen more guy's buy stuff for their rides, and still not know how to make it work (drive). There are things you probly already know, but I haven't heard anyone mention it, some things that we might over look and are FREE.
1.Know where you max. torque rpm. is. 2. Max. horsepower rpm is.
3. Is all your tread,(rear wheel that drives.) on the ground. check wear pattern .Lots of truck out there running to much preassure in back wears out center of tread and that''s all that is touching the road. Slide paper in from the side of the tread to ground . How far does it go under.4. shift weight around to help traction.5. Port out you existing manifold (smooth it). send me a pm for more.

·
Registered
296 Posts
For performance go with a programmer.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I didnt know Bullydog made them for a gasoline engine, great find.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Are you mainly looking for performance? Are you trying to gain MPG or are you o.k staying around the same? What's your budget? Just some questions to get started :great:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts