GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read either ACDelco or NGK for plugs, and MSD, ACDelco, or B&B for the wires? Should I replace the coil packs too? I have a 2000 Silverado.

im thinking of MSD #32829 8.5mm Super Conductors and NGK Laser Iridium?

I just want want to get The Best if I’m going to do it.

· Registered
467 Posts
MSD. Get the ones with the special high temperature boots. That is what I am using.

Reactions: TEWNCfarms

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got the MSD Super Conductors 8.5mm precut wires #32829 and NGK laser double platinum plugs #3784 and they are working great!!!

· Registered
236 Posts
I like OEM, if possible. I also like the iridium plugs.
I’ve always used the Autolite/ AC Delco Double Platinum plugs. I just put a shopping list together getting ready for a Spring time tune up, (or as soon as it warms up.....lol!). I figured I’d give the Iridium Delco’s a try.

Reactions: Beachbourbon

· Registered
384 Posts
I have always heard that these trucks work best with the AC Delco. Like, the whole ignition system was designed around these two parts. I can't say, but my truck runs perfectly on AC Delco and when it is time for them to be replaced, that is what I'll be using.

Reactions: MikeG

· Super Moderator
4,756 Posts
The Plugs You Want are the....A/C Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, Your 00" Silverado Came from the Factory When New with A/C Delco Platinum Plugs.....G.M. Then went to the Iridium Tip Spark Plugs, for the Following Reasons,

A/C Delco Iridium Spark Plugs are the Latest Evolution in High Performance Plugs. The Natural Properties of Iridium, with a Melting Point of Approximately 700 Degrees Celsius Higher than Platinum.....Help Enable the Plugs to Burn Fuel more Efficiently and to Deliver Better Performance.....As a Result, the Iridium Plugs have a Minimum Service Life of 100,000 Miles

Also the Gap of the A/C Delco Iridium Plugs is Gaped to 1.01mm (0.040 inches)......The Spark Plug Gap is Set During Manufacturing and Should NOT Be Changed or Damage to the Spark Plug May Result. Any New Spark Plug Found to NOT Be Properly Gaped Should NOT Be Used.......

· Registered
236 Posts
Installed Delco Iridium Plugs and new Delco wires, 'ol Blue runs nice and smooth

· Registered
2004 Avalanche 5.3 4WD. LM7 TSP 220R cam, PRC stage 2.5 243/799 Heads, LT headers, 6" lift 35s
93 Posts
Can't go wrong with either the NGK laser iridium plugs, or the MSD 8.5 mm superconductors. But you shouldn't have to change your coil packs. Aftermarket are no better than stock, And I don't see why anything would be wrong with your stock coil packs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.