GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 and he was wondering what it would take to be able to clear 285/75/17 tires without any major rubbing. and he is wanting to do something for cheap, if a leveling kit is all that he has to do, then thats what he is going to do.

Pics would also be great with this tire size

Any help would be great

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Nick, as far as I know Nitto is the only people making that size tire. I was looking at that size for my truck, but went the 295/70R17 route instead. That 285/75 is a 34x11.20 and that is a lot of tire for just a level kit. I think if he got some keys and the turn the TB up a little he can make it work on factory wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nick, as far as I know Nitto is the only people making that size tire. I was looking at that size for my truck, but went the 295/70R17 route instead. That 285/75 is a 34x11.20 and that is a lot of tire for just a level kit. I think if he got some keys and the turn the TB up a little he can make it work on factory wheels.
I stand corrected haha looks like you know your tires.
I sold my truck, so he is actually buying my setup of my Cragar soft 8 wheels and then my hankook dynapro mt's which are 285/70/17
thanks for the help!

How big of a body lift would need to be put on in order to clear these tires??

anyone else have any experience with this? so i can tell him for sure what will make it work?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
They should fit with just a leveling kit.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah like everyone else said a 2.25 inch leveling kit should do it with some TB adjustments and with stock wheels they should work. If he wants to get aftermarket wheels he will have to be very careful otherwise the tires will no longer be a good fitment and would have major rubbing issues...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts