GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put 20" wheels and tires on my 2006 Trailblazer and have been told that 275/55/R20's will fit. Anyone have a TB with that size tires? I know the SS comes with either 255/50/R20's or 275/45/R20's, but I would like a little more height. What about a small lift kit or some other way to slightly raise a TB... anyone done that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. I have looked in numerous places for a lift kit for a TB and found nothing. I do not want to raise it 6"... just barely enough to make the larger tires fit. Any suggestions? Also do you think the 265/50/R20 will fit?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
From what I've been told, the 255 is about as big as you want to go stock, the 265 may fit, but it may rub or cause damage or etc.

Check out BDS suspension, they have a 2" suspension lift for the 2006 Trailblazer, it shows for 4WD, but you could contact them.

http://www.bds-suspension.com/php/ProductSelect.php

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
20's

Hey Clark, I would like to put 20's on my 03 Trailblazer, let me know what you find out. The 06 I looked at this am had 255/50/20

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires and wheels

Terry, I got an incredible deal on a set of NS B-Diggety 20" wheels and 275/45/R20 Goodyear Eagle GT II tires- $600 for the set on ebay! Yowzers! Anyway- everyone I talked with said the 275/55 would not work on a stock TB. I would agree seeing the tight clearance on the front wheels when turning. I still think a bigger tire would look better, but not possible without some sort of lift kit. I am still exploring that. Maxx Suspension looks the best to me (see previous post). Would love to hear from anyone who has tried that.
Thanks to all- T. hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts