Votes: 25 53.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put new tires on. I always seem to get surprised when they ask, "white out or black out?" So I thought I'd ask the forum, which do you prefer? White letters out or black?

·
Banned
372 Posts
I prefer white out, but it depends on the tire and rim package. If you're running a standard size tire and rim, I prefer white out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah stock tyres get white out. Anything else really doesnt come white letterd. Unless your talking old school then its the 3 inch white walls baby, lol. Mabe some old baby moon hub caps too.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I could not answer either way because like the other guys said, white out on stock tires. I have 35" BFG's on my Blazer and I like the white out but A friend has the same tires on a 1989 white Suburban that looks better with black out so at least for me it would depend on the paint color and accents.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I think it may depend on the brand of tire used too.
I have kuhmo's and the letter font looks kind of retarded, so I opted for black. But I preferred the Firestone Wilderness AT's that I had on a previous truck to be showing white. I'll have to look at the Avalanche when my wife gets home but I'm pretty sure those are Firestone also with white showing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think white looks good out on muscle cars, trucks, and race cars only. no modern car looks good with white out. also, for trucks, it depends on the tire your getting. i like the look of BFG's with white out on most trucks, unless its lowered. i just bought a 99' tahoe 2dr 4wd, all black(trim/bumpers too), but im going to put BFG AT's with the white out. :neutral:

·
Registered
109 Posts
white out if it is RWW. black out if it is that stupid circle WETF that is :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe I'm just old but I like the white lettering, but then I like chrome everywhere also.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
I like white letters out on my truck, but I'd prefer black letters on my car. I'd have to agree that cars don't look good with white letters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts