GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think they are pretty cool but I also think It has to do what color truck you have. I have always wanted to put some black rims on a black truck and have the black theme going. Good luck

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I agree it does depend on the color of the truck.... I like them tho but for your truck I think Id find the same style rim but silver.... just me tho

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine are made by Victory wheels. I like them because you dont see black wheels very often.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Gotta go with the Rockstars...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Black wheels are COOL! Diffrent manufactures make them, but the most common ones are made of steel. Steel wheels are good and bad,
good: They are easy to fix if they ever get bent, they are cheap
bad: They are heavy as hell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like the black wheels, I just wish I could see them on my truck before I had to pay for them. I am looking at some black XD wheels for my new 08. They look good on most of the trucks I see, but I have always had chrome or piloshed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it looks good to you then thats all that matters. I used to make fun of people that had to much "customization" you know who i'm talking about....the guy with every imaginable truck part known to jc whitney. Tube frame this, tube bumper that, chrome plated .44 mag off road valve caps, you know the "works". However lately I've come to realize (after buying a billet fuel door) that if you think it will look good then who cares. I want black rims on my pewter truck and people tell me it will look weird. I also want to smoke the taillights, put black chrome Euro headlights and lowers, and black tube bumpers front and rear, kind of a black and tan theme. In the end If I'm happy then thats all i care about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like black rims, good for utility, not too good for show. I like utility and am in a drought here so washing is not an option these days. Black rims will match tinted windows well I think. I'm thinkin on some 16x10 Pacer rims, the ones with the little chrome bolts on the outer rim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My favorite black rims are the Rockstars. And like kjrmayfield said, if you like it then thats all that really matters. Some people are just jealous too. Almost anything in black from XD wheels looks good actually. I like these: http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT5352T100106.aspx

The XD Hoss Black are the ones I was talking about in my last post. I think they would look awesome. But like I said before, I wish I could see them on before I go for it. My truck is black, but there is some chrome on it too & I don't want it to look weird.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I love the look of black rims! Been thinking of putting them on my vehicles but it is hard to find anything nice to fit the Jimmy with 4.75" bolt pattern.

·
Registered
270 Posts
if you go to tirerack.com and put your vehical in there you will be able to see some wheel not all but some to give an idea of what will look good on your truck and what will not. there are other web sites that do the same but off hand i dont remember what they are. hope this helps alittle in finding the right look for your ride.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm gonna get black wheels too. Well sort of. i will find the style I like and then get them Rhino lined or Linex'd. I saw it on the rhinoliner website from a local dealer. It looks awesome and should be durable as hell.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I have a really dumb question about the Line-X wheels, when you put those on and when you get ready to put the lug nuts back on. Do you put never cease on the bolts to help keep the lug nuts from freezing on there, the only reason I ask is I just wondered if the coating would have a chemical reaction with the never cease. I had a set of aluminum wheels from American Racing on my old truck, and the never cease had a reaction with the aluminum and it actually froze the wheel to the hub on 3 out of the 4 corners. Just curious??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never been on here before so I dont know if this is the way to ask questions or not. I was wondering what size tires and wheels are on the black GMC with Rockstars and what size lift if any is on it? Thanks!(the dewill3015 truck)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts