GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 99 K2500 4x4 Suburban with 195,000 miles on and it started pulling to the right pretty hard so I first decided to replace front calipers and pads, simple. When I went to bleed the back brakes, both bleeder valves are stuck on itght where I can not get them cranked open! I am open to any ideas?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
PB Blaster.

Also, if you haven’t already, strongly recommend replacing the soft lines. They decay on the inside just like human arteries. Clog up with cholesterol. The rubber expands and doesn’t permit the free flow of fluid back and forth with the caliper pistons. It can cause a pulling action by not allowing the pads to release properly.

·
Registered
794 Posts
In addition to the PB blaster, use a six point box end wrench or even better a fitting wrench.
It looks like you are using a 12-point wrench.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PB Blaster.

Also, if you haven’t already, strongly recommend replacing the soft lines. They decay on the inside just like human arteries. Clog up with cholesterol. The rubber expands and doesn’t permit the free flow of fluid back and forth with the caliper pistons. It can cause a pulling action by not allowing the pads to release properly.
Thanks CowboyTrukr - soaking it many times!! And I did order some hoses thanks for that reminder.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you are replacing the fluid and lines, then you could carefully try to apply some heat. It could help free things or aid the penetrating oil in getting into the threads. I use a hot air gun on low or high and it can help. Careful on the amount of force you use on the wrench, its easy to shear the bleeder off and then you are looking at much different job.....I think you have rear drums or does that truck have discs???

·
Registered
457 Posts
PB Blaster.

Thanks for the comment on rubber hoses. I never knew that. Good analogy also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts