GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys, I've been researching body lifts for quite sometime now, and I've pretty much decided to do a Zone 1.5" body lift. I've been reading the instruction manual and watching "how to" videos and installation seems pretty easy other than have to cut and weld a few things.

So here's my question: What's your opinion on the Zone Offroad 1.5" kit, and out of the few companies that make body lifts are there any that are better than the others? I have a 4" Rancho kit with a 2" Rough Country leveling kit and I am not going to run 37's, I'm going to stick with 35's. So I think a 1.5" body lift would look nice in adding the extra height.

All opinions welcome!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you don't need the bodylift to clear tires then I wouldn't put it on.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you want to do it, Zone makes a great product. My only thought is that if you're going to do it, do a 3". That's a lot of work for only 1.5".

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have mixed feeling on this. I would not put the BL on if I really didnt need it to clear the tires, but on the other hand bigger is always better!! Right?? My other thought is like blackout said and if you are set on doing the BL and going to put in all that time, just do the 3" and if you ever wanted to run a bigger tire/wheel setup down the road then you are all set.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, technically I'm running a 295/70r18 so its 34.something by 12 and they will run if I pull in the driveway too fast. The one concern I have is that if I were to do a 3" BL the tires would look too babyish. I agree that that's a lot of work for only 1.5 inches of lift, the 1.5 requires welding where the 3 comes with a bracket. I do NOT want to run bigger tires for now, maybe if gas prices go down one day. I'm in college right now and to go home it's around 200 miles one way, and I go home at least once a month and I can barely afford the gas for that so bigger tires would absolutely kill me.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Well, technically I'm running a 295/70r18 so its 34.something by 12 and they will run if I pull in the driveway too fast. The one concern I have is that if I were to do a 3" BL the tires would look too babyish. I agree that that's a lot of work for only 1.5 inches of lift, the 1.5 requires welding where the 3 comes with a bracket. I do NOT want to run bigger tires for now, maybe if gas prices go down one day. I'm in college right now and to go home it's around 200 miles one way, and I go home at least once a month and I can barely afford the gas for that so bigger tires would absolutely kill me.
With that being said, YES go with the 1.5BL and the 295's wont look bad.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I would go with the 1.5" kit. It think with your tires a 3" bodylift will leave to much space in the wheel wells. JMO.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I personally do not like body lifts. Your just lifting the body from the frame. Your showing more frame, rear bumper hangs down unless you get the relocation brackets. It looks cheap to me. And it's not really "lifting" it.

With that being said, I was looking at Zone Offroad's products, and I like their 3inch Body lift. So if you are going that route, then I'd recommend them.

As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts