GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know if anyone here uses it. Why well my neighbor has a Dodge diesel and he used it in his truck. Well this is what happened it might be an isolated case but its something to be aware of. The fuel caused one of his injectors to get stuck in the open position. He took it to one dealer and a code came up about it and they told him it wasnt covered under warranty, his truck is new. Hes going to take it to another dealer after he gets rid of all the bio diesel out and see what they say. So I fig I find out if anyone here uses it or thought of using it to give alittle heads up to what could happen.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I doubt Bio Diesel was the cause. I'd talk to another dealer if I was your neighbor. Injectors probably arent covered under his warranty though, they arent on most new vehicles.
I've been running Bio Diesel in my 01 Chevy Dually for over a year (50K miles), prior to that I ran Bio Diesel in a Jeep CRD 2.8 engine (17K) and my 81 Chevy Dually (220K). In the mid west Bio Diesel has been used for a long time and they dont seem to have issue an with stuck injectors.
Properly refined Bio Diesel is almost like normal Diesel except normal Diesel has more detergents, it burns more like European Diesel fuel. Detergents are normally the cause of gummed up injectors and deposits in the cylinders.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the first dealer he took it to thats what they said was the cause of the inj. problem because they put the comp. on it and thats what the code said. Now the second dealer just told him to bring it in and theyd take care of it. Now me I know nothing about diesels could help him out and he evadently doesnt know that much at all ether. So have no clue if it common or not but I fig id find out anyone here if had the same problem or not and see if its a common thing. I havent talked to him since fri so. will let know what has happened. thanks for your input and when i see him i will let him know what you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts