GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brake light stay on on my dash iv chcked almost everything electrical, brakes, fluid e brake and brake light switch and everything is good does anybody have any other sugestions the truck is a 90 1500

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You didn't mention if your truck has abs brakes. Could be one of the sensor if you do have abs.

·
Super Moderator
3,397 Posts
You didn't mention if your truck has abs brakes. Could be one of the sensor if you do have abs.
there's only one sensor for ABS on a 90 model truck, and it's on the tailshaft section of the tranny. I was going to suggest the same thing.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The 90 has rear ABS brakes. More than likely sensor issue. It was not as critical on a 90 when they fail. (Some people disconnect them)
But I would put effort in it IMO to repair properly for piece of mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found the problem its the combo valve that screws into the master cylinder and hooks into my rwal wiring harness the previous owners of the truck had it unpluged now correct me if im wrong but since thats the problem doesnt that mean its saying my front and rear brake pressure is diffrent if so couldnt i just bleed my brakes does this make sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts