GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Silverado XCSB Z71 . I am running on 6 lug IFS with the CORP 14 bolt ff rear axle.

I am wondering why with the stock brakes, they are sometimes slow to stop the truck. The pedal just wont move for a second and then the brakes work normally, the pedal moves smoothly and the brakes grab nicely. I have had the truck for a year and it has done it ever since I bought it. The only reason I'm asking now is that it FINALLY almost got me into trouble with the plastic rear end of a new car.

Any tips? Possibly bleed the system or replace the MC?

·
Registered
541 Posts
It almost sounds like a master cylinder problem. Hows the brake fluid level? Do you have an ABS light on or does it come on once in a while when your driving? I would put my money on a master cylinder. There usualy not to expencive, call your local parts stores and get a few prices on it. My friend had a similar problem with his jeep. Turned out that part of the rod in the master cylinder had somehow bent a little and would catch on the inside for a short second.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fluid level is good and the truck does not have ABS, its just the RWAL system for the rear drums. I will call in to the local parts depot and see what is what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts