GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 tahoe has an issue. There is something going on with my brakes. When I apply the brakes, it takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to apply the brakes and there is a noise like air leaking from somewhere. My second problem is that the truck has trouble going from stop. When I put my foot on the accelerator, it doesn't start moving immediately, instead, it almost stalls out until I apply more pressure, and then it jumps forward. Both of these problems started about three weeks after I had my brakes completely redone, with a new master cylinder.

·
1,457 Posts
My 2000 tahoe has an issue. There is something going on with my brakes. When I apply the brakes, it takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to apply the brakes and there is a noise like air leaking from somewhere. My second problem is that the truck has trouble going from stop. When I put my foot on the accelerator, it doesn't start moving immediately, instead, it almost stalls out until I apply more pressure, and then it jumps forward. Both of these problems started about three weeks after I had my brakes completely redone, with a new master cylinder.
Check your rear brakes, if you still have drums in the back you probably have a leak.:neutral:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If you had a shop do the master cylinder, I would take it back to them and have them look at it. It sounds like there is a problem with the booster (air leaking, hard pedal) and the master cylinder (brakes staying locked).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll take it to the shop as soon as i get some time to drive down there. Now, what about the pseudo stalling issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue with the stalling. There is a TSB out for just stating to clean it. I cleaned mine with a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush. Then ran seafoam through it and its been great. If i can just get this abs problem im having it will all be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts