GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 1997 Tahoe CD player:

It plays a CD for only about 5 seonds then "Err" shows up on the screen.

Has anyone had the same problems? I assume that "Err" means error of some sort. Any suggestions to fix it, besides buying a new unit?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It'd probably cost more to fix than replace. However, new prices are probably outrageous. Check eBay or a salvage yard. When mine did this, I just used it as an excuse to install an after-market head unit.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I agree. Even most insurance companies will tell you just to go ahead and get an aftermarket unit. The quality is just as good (if not better) and then you know that you've got the unit that does what you want. IE, plays MP3s or whatever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to see we aren't alone. The CD player started showing an Err Msg and now the radio doesn't play at all. Thought it might be a fuse or wiring, but they were both fine (From what I could see) I am definitely not mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A couple weeks ago I traded in my Tahoe but before I did I returned it to the stock audio system. First, I was amazed to see that the presets were still set from 2002. Also, Since I've bought it and had an aftermarket HU in there, I've been using the stock CD player as a slot to store my parking card (one of the thick hold-near-a-sensor type, not the thin credit-card-swipe type). For the heck of it, I decided to try a CD. The player worked flawlessly on every CD I put in. It was giving me the "Err" message often when I first swapped out the HU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 95 tahoe cd player died too, showed err and didnt read any discs. i asked my friend if i could use his oem radio and cd player to replace mine. ( he had an after market systm in his silverado) so i first replaced the cd player, still an err message, then i replaced the head unit. the 2 units were from the silverado, and didnt work either, in my tahoe. so i put my radio back in, my cd player never worked again, but i got an ipod and played it threw the cassette deck, and that was the end of my problem:)
so if ya want to fix the problem, just buy an after market head unit, it WILL sound much better than stock and fix the problem all together.

-fred
95 tahoe LT (rip)
05 tahoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
CD Player and Electric Windows

Is it possible for the cd player and electic window are somehow connected? My cd player went out suddenly last week. Now I notice my left rear electric window doesn't work. Could they somehow be related?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts