GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets say last week was a bad week.
Tuesday----the coffee maker died (before it made any coffee)
Wednesday-The KitchenAid mixer shorted out
Thursday----i lost my job - layoffs or down sizing
Friday------- my new computer monitor would not power up so i could work on the computer.
Sunday we got in an auto accident (2 weeks from the one year anniverisity of the last rear ending)

well Brutis will be fine-he did what we wanted him to do allow all 5 of us to get out unhurt or min injury. this lady decided to make a left turn into us and took out the pass side rear quarter panel and rear part of him. i working with the insurance to get him fixed.

i will be on and off line......mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
WOW, you did have a bad week! But look on the bright side things could have been worse.

The coffee maker and the blender could have started a fire that burned down the house.

And you and the family could have been injured in the wreck.

Keep your chin up, things will work out! :great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That is crazy. What did you do to deserve all that. Well thanks goodness nobody is hurt. Well at least you still have us and your family. Good luck with the job hunt. From what I've seen of your posts an intelligent guy like yourself won't be out of work long.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Seen any black cats?

Well, don't blame it on the full moon, cuz that isn't til the 26th.
Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i beleave when one door is closed another is opened. and i will remain doing posts in here and the other spots i visit......and thanks for the good thoughts.....mike

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Funny how I thought you were talking about your dog.

Glad to hear it was just some minor damage to the truck and everyone is OK.

Good luck on the job search and keep us posted, maybe we can be of some help.

PS

Melanie calls her Burb,

“the Urban Assault Vehicle.”

The plow truck is,

“the Beast”

The Fiero is.

“Reba”

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got a feeling this is going to be a battle. it is now almost a week since the accident and i talked to my and her insurance and neither can get in touch with her. i was asked to not call her as this might complicate the issues. i thought the law said you got to report an accident in 24 hours to the insurance company. well both side have my account and my ins said no doubt it was her fault since i was in the lane and she ran into us. i hope they get in touch soon as i want to get Brutis fixed and move to the next chapter in my life....still tossing Resume's around and thinking of what i want to do for the next carrearer (SP? sorry)
mike

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Just read the post. Sorry about the rough set of circumstances lately, you'll get through it. I got laid off 2 times in the past 10 years, but it got the fire going and I'm doing what I love now.

Glad to hear that no one got hurt! Collisions are NEVER fun, they stink all the time and it's even worse when you can't get in touch with someone. :slap:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ouch---i got the 1st estimate to fix Brutis $2195 and a week to perform the job. i am in the wrong buisness. i have now talked to the CHP and my insurance and hers. she still has not called on it yet.

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts