GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were buckets available for the c/k trucks in the 80's? If so is there a bracket from the factory for them? In a previous thread of mine i was saying how i was gonna put buckets in my truck, after i pulled the bench out i realized that the buckets would not bolt in.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Buckets were available back to the mid 70's in GM trucks. I'm told they found their way into GMC trucks more often than Chevy trucks. They werent a common seating arrangement for trucks back then.
Look at F/S Blazers from the 80's, they share the front floor pan layout with your truck and almost always came with buckets. A local wrecking yard would be a good source for the parts, since their interior parts you stand a good chance of finding them in good shape without all the corrosion exterior parts suffered.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buckets were available back to the mid 70's in GM trucks. I'm told they found their way into GMC trucks more often than Chevy trucks. They werent a common seating arrangement for trucks back then.
Look at F/S Blazers from the 80's, they share the front floor pan layout with your truck and almost always came with buckets. A local wrecking yard would be a good source for the parts, since their interior parts you stand a good chance of finding them in good shape without all the corrosion exterior parts suffered.
thank you very much. i am gonna try to get the the salvage yard this weekend

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
An old K5 Blazer would be a great start....up to probably 88 or so.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i didnt find the bracket that i needed but found some seat tracks i could modify(possibly) to work for what i need. and as you said cableguy it was on a K5, you deff know what you are talking about. you saved me ALOT of work *bows down*

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok a late update. I got the seats bolted in with a little bit of modification, I will post up pictures tomorrow my cell phone fried tody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts