GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the fact that gas prices doubled at one point, and have only dropped a little since then I don't see many 'burbans for sale.
I don't think any of us could deny that 'burbans are not easy on the fuel tank.

Have any of you seen an increase in the amount of 'burbans for sale?

If not it just reinforces the idea that even though it's tough on gas, it's worth keeping!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I haven't seen an increase. Here's why. The demand for large SUVs has dropped, maybe by 60% in the last 3 months. The lack of demand means that prices have to come down....way down. Poeple will hope that gas prices come down until they try to sell. Then they'll sell their burban.

·
Registered
4 Posts
even though i think you,d have to be out of your mind to get rid of a truck like the suburban
\ as long as gas prices stay high the value of our trucks will go down making them cheaper to purchase due to the fact of gas mileage\ on the other hand if gas prices go down then the suv market will rise again its all supply and demand\ my opinion is as long as i can ride in comfort and be happy with the vehicle im in gas could cost $20 a gallon im not sellin to save a buck or 2 Suburbans are the king of suv's and i like riding with the king!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Right on xptech! I am very happy with my suburban, I have owned this truck since 1998 when I bought it with 70k on it and now it has 180k for miles and still the most dependable inexpensive to maintain vehicle I've ever owned. Starting to need a little TLC but as much hard work as my truck goes through it deserves it.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
haven't seen anymore than there were before the prices went up. and i agree with MN_Burbon, and xptech, we have what we want and need and are going to keep them. if they do go down in price all that is going to do for me is give me the opertunity to get anouther newer one. i use the burb for work and play and it is the only truck capable of all that i ask it to do. try hauling a four horse stock trailer with a imported pathfinder, my wife loves the burb, this is our secound one. finally talked here into selling the 86 now that she has the 94. only because 5 cars on the road at the same time is just to much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
xptech said:
even though i think you,d have to be out of your mind to get rid of a truck like the suburban
\ as long as gas prices stay high the value of our trucks will go down making them cheaper to purchase due to the fact of gas mileage\ on the other hand if gas prices go down then the suv market will rise again its all supply and demand\ my opinion is as long as i can ride in comfort and be happy with the vehicle im in gas could cost $20 a gallon im not sellin to save a buck or 2 Suburbans are the king of suv's and i like riding with the king!!!

Rock on xptech!!!!

I Love my Burban and I will prolly never get rid of it!!! Besides, mine is 100% paid for, as well as My hubby's 2500HD. But my Burban gets WAY better gas mileage than his 496 engine!!! That thing eats gas faster than any auto we have ever had! *Shakes-Head*

~QTee

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get me wrong, I agree, that I'd rather be driving my 'burban than anything else. But I'd also have to agree with 84Fiero about the possiblity of picking up a newer one. This would give me an opportunity to put the '93 in the garage for some much needed TLC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts