GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
I think it's just the new holding company. The HQ for Burger King will stay in the US and continue to pay US taxes.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Is that what they're saying now? There was a US Senator who got all bent out of shape saying that he was going to boycott BK.
Of course, BK and TH will spin some profits off to the holding company (to save paying US taxes BK anyway), I suspect the holding company will be listed on both stock exchanges and the dividends will be paid by the holding company, so there will be some taxes paid in Canada.

This is not the first time TH has been owned by an American company, Somewhere around '06, or '08, TH was owned by the company that owns Wendy's. The merger only lasted a couple of years and Wendy's spun off TH.

I see Wiki has info on the new merge, they're saying a Brazilian investment firm will be the new owner of both. The company is 3G Capital. I see they purchased Burger King in 2010. That's when your US Senator should have gotten bent out of Shape. Looks like BK and TH profit will be going south, not north.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts