GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an intake on my truck for about a week and i kept getting a running too lean trouble code, im also running a diablo on87 tune so im thinking that may be the problem, i took it off anyway. would having the exhaust uncorked solve the issue you think? right now the diablo is just on there for the tire adjustments and the stock intake is back on. anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
What brand CAI. I know K&N had some issues's with some trucks throwing codes and they refuned money. I can't remmember who but someone on this site had the issue. I think Enkiavalache had a friend that worked at K&N and new about these issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was an ebay one with a k&n filter, had all the hookups in the right places i was impressed lol

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Besides the K&N filter, was it a K&N kit or a off brand kit using a K&N filter?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just an ebay kit, aluminum tube and a k&n cone filter...huge ass filter...had the proper hook ups for vacuum and air sensor tho, was well put together imo..i replaced the filter that came with it with a k&n afterwards...still saved over a 100 bones over the actual kit.

filter.jpg intake.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
K&N makes blue filters??

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
In your 2nd picture, where is the MAF located?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[QUOTE..i replaced the filter that came with it with a k&n afterwards...still saved over a 100 bones over the actual kit.[/QUOTE]

sensor was on the bottom of the pipe, and yes i made sure it was the right way lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts