GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's i was thinking about getting a flowmaster offline instead a shop where they are allot more then taking it to get it welded on and just pay labor.. can they just cut my exhaust and put the dual in dual out flowmaster in..? Main readon i'm doing this is i have straights and they suck on gas and back pressure and HP and torque loss due to it.. also i'm installing a k&n air filter tom. so hopefully that lost power will be regained and a k&n cold air intake will follow sometime in the future thanks..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, they should just be able to put a Flowmaster muffler on your truck. You'll just need to know what size you need (inlet and outlet size) for the muffler. Do you have straight pipes with dual rear's or just a straight pipe and 1 tailpipe?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have dual straight pipe true duals.. i can't remember the inlet and outlet size off the top of my head ha

·
Registered
275 Posts
All you need to do then is find out what size piping you have. Once you know that, order your muffler and get it welded on

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man..... i will ask that whenever i get my exhaust tips welded on soon but havent had time to finish painting them been raining last 3 days!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wel i got dual exhaust already ready man i got the muffler in today it's a Flowmaster super 40 series dual in/ dual out and it's 2.5 inch for both sides in and out so i guess the shop would use that if they needed to make adjustments and then measure and cut a section out then weld it on. I plan on doing this prob. monday and then my tip's will be in later on in the week they are gloss black angle rolled cut. Hopefully it want be much for labor since it shouldn't be complicated and i already bought the muffler my self ha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts