GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! My 2007 Yukon XL is giving me such a headache. Parked it a year and a half ago after it started doing all kinds of crazy things, after it started acting up we tried a few things (new plugs & wires, new fuel injectors and rail, checked coils) and none of it helped so we assumed that it needed some serious internal engine work and parked it until we could get to it. (Of course before the final "death" of it, I had it to GM more than once and they couldn't find an issue with it). Well, we are working on it now, and now I was only getting a P0302, and something else, code. So I took it to a guy, he found some bad wires and when I picked the truck up it was great! For about 4 miles. Now I only get a P0300 code. I have seen this is SUPER common. I have decided that the engine is running rich on fuel. The spark plugs that have never seen road time are completely covered on carbon and smell strongly of fuel. I just want to drive my truck again!!!! SO, my question is...is there a way to convert the 5.3L Vortec engine currently in the truck to a carb??? I feel like it would make my life so much simpler to just go carbureted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts