GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to buy the power heated turn signal mirrors? I want to see if they'll just plug right in. I currently have power mirrors minus the signal and heating and I think those would be cool options.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
That's a good question. I don't see why not. I think that you would have to do some checking into whether or not you have the necessary wires and power, etc already installed.

I would be interested in hearing from a tech on this to see how easy/hard it would be. I am interested in doing this as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really like the look of the turn signal mirrors on the TB. Don't have them myself...but definitely would be interested in them.

CkVin
Southington, CT
2004 TB Ext 4wd White

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe that the wiring for the side view mirror turnsignals are already in the door. You only need a mirror with the turnsignal option, and they will plug right into the module. I believe this is true if you have power mirrors already, not for standard cable mirrors that you move with your hand.

This is true for the 2003-2005 years, and it may be true for the 2002 year also. I'm not sure.

If you're interested, check eBay Motors. There are usually a few on there.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I went out and looked, and sure enough, you can add those pretty easily. That cover just snaps off and you'll be in business with new plug-in lenses and bulbs.

I might try it and will let people know what comes of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ok, I just want to make sure. if I order the lenses I can change my mirrors to signal lights with not taking apart a lot of my car. I printed out the dirrections from the other site. I am just a little scared, I don't want to ruin or damage my TB. (even though my father would say I already did when I put the lowering kit on). can someone just ease my worries.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Not to worry, lots of people do this. It's a faily simple job to get done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts