GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
should be able to as long as you prepare the surface correctly and use good paint i hear good things about duplicolor

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
id say it would work just prep it right scuff it up with sandpaper a little bit than paint it.... and yea duplicolor is great stuff

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but if i use sandpapwer wont that make the paint look rough instead can i just paint over the chrome cuz its just the plastic covers that way it would be smooth

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Nearly everyone I've talked to about painting chrome says even if you prep right you might run into problems with peeling, chipping etc.. If their just the covers don't you have black ones underneath.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah that is a delicate surface that gets handled alot...it chips and peels easly, specially if u wear rings or anything like that, that can scratch the surface....I'm not sure if he has plastic underneath or not.... Some of those require u to remove the other door handle and back cover.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nearly everyone I've talked to about painting chrome says even if you prep right you might run into problems with peeling, chipping etc.. If their just the covers don't you have black ones underneath.

i do have the black handles underneath but their the textured ones not the smooth ones which are the ones i want

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Why not just Prime them, sand them to a smooth finish, and spray automotive paint, then clear coat. If you don't feel like doin all that a shop could do it for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
your best bet is to buy ones that are already painted black, or another color and have them painted. i bet a shop would charge 150 ish to have a set painted. but i wouldnt recommend painting chrome handles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts