GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little bit ago, I was replacing my old speakers with some pioneer ones. As I put everything back together, my truck randomly had a power surge where my radio reset, my windows buzzed, my lights and lightbar failed to operate normally, my dash flickered, and my battery died. before the power was fully lost, it also displayed service 4wd on the dash board and made a weird sound under my truck as i attempted to roll up the windows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So a little bit ago, I was replacing my old speakers with some pioneer ones. As I put everything back together, my truck randomly had a power surge where my radio reset, my windows buzzed, my lights and lightbar failed to operate normally, my dash flickered, and my battery died. before the power was fully lost, it also displayed service 4wd on the dash board and made a weird sound under my truck as i attempted to roll up the windows. This caught me off guard and i'm unsure if its a fuse or blown body ground wire. ideas?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My 2001 Suburban will lose the clock and radio preset stations when the battery is about to die.
It will still start but due to huge amp draw, I will lose the clock and radio preset and do weird things. I'm on my 3rd battery in 20 years.
My 2018 battery died in just 2.5 years. Oh well, that's the trade off on high tech stuffs.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
replacing the speakers not gonna have the trucks electrical issues.. probably the radio might cause your speaker install failure ...
check the battery connections .. check the voltage on the battery ,,,,,,,,,,, engine on ..
under the hood fuses inspect the fuse pins ...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
were the interior lights on for an extended period of time? was the radio playing at the same time? did the battery die or get close? if it's close to dieing you may get lucky and get that one last chance to start the truck and it starts.

you might not have a problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
were the interior lights on for an extended period of time? was the radio playing at the same time? did the battery die or get close? if it's close to dieing you may get lucky and get that one last chance to start the truck and it starts.

you might not have a problem whatsoever.
The GM 1990's vehicles have intermittent interior lamps to stay on ...has a delay to turn off the interior lamps ..then the lamps stays on ..

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,787 Posts
Starting with the 1996 model year, yes. 1995 and earlier did not have that feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts