GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a good car alarm for my truck. I currently have nothing but a keyless entry. Since I know little about alarm systems, I need your help. I hear Viper is a good alarm system. Basically I need an alarm that will go off when: weight is added/subtracted from bed, windows break, engine kill switch, tilting of vehicle, many shock sensors, and something that will trigger an alarm if someone picks the lock or uses another key in my truck. I was thinking of the Viper 5002, but am open to sudjestions. Price limit is $400 without installation.

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
i have the viper 5900 series two way pager system in my tahoe love it to the T since i live in a bad area it tells me when there is someone is standing near my hoe more than 1 minute in other words it wont go off every time a heavy truck goes by and on the remote it tells me everything i need to know :) i got it for 2 bills :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go with the Clifford 50.5x which is coming in the mail soon. When I get this installed, I'll report back with a product review.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ive always like CompuStar IMO, i mean vipers are good, but there not what they use to be, now there to overrated theyd rather focus on the decal they give you rather than the features they could improve. Ive never installed/tested a clifford, so i cant judge those. If you ever come across a ArticStar, and its dirt cheap, buy it, especially if your not to picky with the name on your remote, since there built by compustar, and unless you look at the remote, youll never know it wasnt a compustar!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input Rumpamuro, I'll post the results of the Clifford. I hope I get it by Friday so I can have it installed because it's the only day of the week I don't have work.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Best car alarms are those that page you as well as setting off a siren.

Then add in a locating devise like lojack.

Then a fuel pump disabling devise like this.

http://www.mastersentryseries.com/starter/index.shtml

Only in the line not the fuse box like they said.

There is no perfect system, a pro will get your truck no matter what you do if he/she wants it.

If they have to they will steal a tow truck to get it. that’s the reason for multiple systems. And if possible ones that do not depend on the cars own battery for power.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True words 84fiero123. I now have the Clifford system in-hand, and will try to get it installed this Friday. The remote itself has a paging system with a LCD screen. I will add other sensors to the truck like shock sensors, tilt, ect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Scytek Vision Guard 8000 on my SS. Ity will page you up to a 1/4 away from your car . it as a built in Camra and it will will you pics of the A$$ hole that is trying to brack in .
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Scytek_Vision_Guard_8000_p/vision guard 8000.htm
here is a link to it .
Viper 5002 is very good alarm Company :great:

Mark
I bought a Sytec Dual Zone Motion sensor for my truck cap and have no diagram for wiring, only info I got was what the clored wire do.........where can I get wiring nfo for 05 silverado 1500, did your alarm come with specific wiring?
thanx gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts