GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I Have A 1996 Chev C~1500 Technically It's Considered A 97 Because iIt Was Made In December Of 1996. Anyway So My Cargo Light Should Turn On WhenvI Hit The Switch Up To The On Position Regardless If The Truck Is On Or Running, It Should Work Regardless. And It Only Seems To Work When I Turn On My Interior Lights. I Just Installed A Brand New Smoked Out L.E.D Third Brake Light Thought That Was The Problem So I Re-installed The Stock Brake Light And I'm Having The Same Issue, Is This Just How The Cargo Lights Work On These Older Chevs? If So It Makes No Sense. Can Someone Help Me Out? I Would Greatly Appreciate Any Feasible Assistance/Answers. 馃檹

Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
For future, you only need to post the same topic in one forum. Those of us sorting by "New" will see it no matter where the thread lands.

Link to other thread:

Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
No worries. Just keeps down the clutter and increases the likelihood you'll get a direct answer instead of 7 of the same. :)

Registered
Check the condition of the ground at that light.

Registered
1996 Sierra 2500, 5.7L, NAV4500 5 speed, 3.73 gears, 8600 GVW, 56,500 miles
I have a 1996 2500 and that is the way they work on my truck. The following is from the owners manual.

Cargo Lamp Press the ribbed top part of the switch to turn the cargo lamp on. Press the bottom of the switch to turn it off. The dome lamp switch must be on or one of the doors open for the cargo lamp to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts