GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok iam hoping someone can help me out with this i have a 2010 silverado and iam adding the ccfl led halo projector headlights and when it comes to the wiring part im completley useless bare with me. everything is fine with install untill hooking up the led and halos on the back of headlight i have the main male connector and then i have loose wires a set of red and black for the halos and a set of purple and black for led i would assume purple is positive and black still negative my question is to both positives get wired together and same for negative?? and if so where do i splice the wires into my system after for best look??? any help asap would be great as i want to install tonight thank you!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ok well this thread was useless,,,, headlights are installed and look awsome. thanks for well .. nothing!
You post it yesterday and probably figured it out 5 minutes after you asked for help and since you had no replies on the first day your upset?

Your F-ing welcome! :)

And at least post some pics....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
yeah man there is really no reason to act like that though bud.. but some pic's would be good and feedback of how you installed them. I myself know nothing of wiring so my buddy did mine and they look awesome. What kind BRAND did you get.. i have halo projector headlights and love them even though they cost me $390 bucks but the BRAND are EagleEye along with my L.E.D. tailights that are also black get allot of compliments... like i said before headlights and tailights ran me around $800 without third brake light $120 all L.E.D.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol all is good haha wow i did post it yesterday and didnt go to buddies till 7 hours later and only when i post 2nd i get a response it was more cause of had lots view and not a single comment. either way its just a forum u cant really judge my attitude i wasnt mad i was just saying is all. and yes a buddy installed by taking the led and halos and installing them to main harness so i didnt have to splice into just parking/signal wires clean look and real simple took about 45 mins. i will post pics forsure i just got cast off today and i can slowly starting walking and i will wash her up and take pics im super happy with the outcome. they are the ccfl led halo headlights. im waiting on the chrome door handles and tailgate then adding taillights 3rd brake light all led and a new front grille.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sounds good man i went with the t-rex billet grill bolt on i like it allot, but was thinking about buying a black billet grill and leave the original grille piece on with the chrome outline. I'm doing allot of black to my truck but i want some chrome on the truck otherwise would be too plain to me.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
They should be bright enough so turn on the parking lights.. Lets see them...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sir i will sir when the sun isnt shining on them sir.... wait till later

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

mine are also set up to turn on at night with automatic headlights not just in park.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Did you use the stock bulbs? I have been looking at halos but I want ones that I can use my my HID bulbs with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
depends on the housing i got the super white halogens that give the exact same look.. u need a different housing most of the projector housing will melt with the hid because of how hot they get. i was going to go that way but love the look of these.

·
Registered
490 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks good, but where are you that you still have snow on the ground?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx like i said the new grille will really complement the headlights. and haha Calgary Alberta been a terribly long winter

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Looks sweet I'm going to be getting the Black ones so the Halo's stick out better.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sure its all really preference aand colour of truck mid day sure they will stick out more. mine are not set to be on during the day just the drl. im going with a lil more chrome on mine so black would have made it look weird. also the chrome at nightime reflexs in inside the housing and it looks super sharp i will get a pic tonight of it if i remeber going for drinks and easter dinner. Happy easter everyone!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah man look's good. I have the same exact one's but mine are the BLACK one's along the with Black tailights that are L.E.D. and Third Brake Light. I got allot of compliment's and still do but paid good price for all of the lighting. I'm thinking about buying the RECON Black cab roof lights soon i believe they will look good on a lifted truck.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you use the stock bulbs? I have been looking at halos but I want ones that I can use my my HID bulbs with.
As long as there are projectors that have cut off lines in them they should be able to use HID, I use a cheap set of Sonar projectors on my Eclipse with some 8K HID in them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts