GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanting to share pics of my truck with the new leveling kit. I was looking at Bilstein struts, but all the research I did, it looked like for the specific Chevy application, I would only get 1.75" of lift. Then I looked at the Rancho Quick Lift, but again, it didn't seem like I would achieve the correct amount of lift for the front of my truck.

I ended up getting a 2.5" level kit from CCM offroad and am pretty happy with the results. The install wasn't terribly hard, but it wasn't exactly smooth either. Took about 4-5 hours of labor.

Now I just need new shoes! I really want 33s but I may take the safe route and get 285s. What do you guys think? CCM didn't recommend a tire size with the instruction sheet.

before.jpg
after.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
looks nice dude. me id go with the 285s. get some of the height you want, but keeps the mileage better and cost down on tires. id try those first then get the 33s if you really still want em.

you could always buy another set of rims and have 285s for the winter and the 33s for summer or when you plan on playing in the deep stuff. :-D

Alex

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks good,

I would go 285s.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I did the whole what tire size game and if you dont go big to start off with you will just hate the 285's and end up getting rid of them before they are wore out. Check out some Nitto 295's. They fit with my level kit with just a little triming.

Kit looks awesome on your truck. What are your measurements with the stockies?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Truck looks good!

·
Registered
539 Posts
mine in my signature are 285's, so you can see what they look like. i love them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about width and backspacing? I really like the look of a wide tire-but that means new rims, right?.

On stock rims, the truck is perfectly level at 39-1/4" except the front left sits at 39" even.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I'm pretty sure Alston has his 295's on the stock rims. The rims have nothing to do with how the truck sits.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I am running 295/70R17 which is about 33.4x11.65. Here is a few shots of how the 33's fit on stockies with level kit.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I think those tires look awesome on Alstons truck.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i swear this website is weird, i dont know why my last post doesnt show my signature

1 - 12 of 12 Posts